Mergers and Acquisitions
Successful businesses that manage the complexities of mergers and acquisitions between companies in the complex health care environment do so by treating the project as a critical business process and not an IT project.
No two health care organizations have the same information systems, nor are technologies or software always compatible. Bringing together IT systems to facilitate and support the business goals for the merger or acquisition requires the participation of IT as an advisor to the business teams sponsoring the transaction. Early involvement of IT to help define and understand the goals of the merger will help identify dependent IT systems required to achieve the goals. Additionally, this understanding can focus due diligence efforts and budget estimates on those systems most critical in accomplishing the defined goals.
Hall Render Advisory Services is uniquely positioned to assist IT in mergers and acquisitions.
Our highly experienced advisors have completed large M&A due diligence and integration projects and can help guide health systems in mergers and acquisitions activities including:
- Defining the scope of an IT integration project, establishing “command and control” structure and prioritizing
steps to achieve business goals.
- Recommending management approaches to ensure the success of large IT integration projects that are
necessary to achieve the business goals.
- Aligning business needs and IT dependencies to identify necessary changes and prioritize items for
- Conducting readiness assessments for IT integration, identifying quick wins that might create synergies
between merging organizations.
- Discovering and identifying possible synergies to reduce cost, complexity or implement new systems at either
organization to manage the integration process.
- Assessing the IT technologies, architecture, capabilities and contractual obligations of both parties to identify
risk, cost and complexity of the project and provide estimated CapEx and OpEx integration costs.
- Reviewing IT staffing and proposing future organization design, staffing levels and necessary skills and
- Reviewing IT vendor relationships for long-term alignment with integration goals and future state readiness.
Is your organization considering a merger or acquisition?
Submit your information for a free readiness assessment.Let’s get started.