Delena S. Howard
Delena Howard serves as an advisor with Hall Render’s Coding Compliance service line. With more than 25 years of experience in health care documentation and revenue cycles, Delena possesses a deep understanding of the intricacies of health care coding compliance and documentation.
Delena regularly performs coding, billing and revenue cycle reviews to ensure accuracy and compliance for clients. Working with hospital systems and physician practices of all sizes, these reviews have included evaluation and management, inpatient and outpatient ambulatory services. Additionally, Delena has worked on Corporate Integrity Agreements and self-disclosure projects, as well as performing as an expert witness in criminal fraud defense.
Delena has extensive experience in the following sub-specialty areas of coding compliance:
- Professional Fee E/M with the following specialty areas (General Practitioner, Pediatric, Cardiology, Oncology, Pain Management, Orthopedics, NICU/PICU, Neuro, Urology, Sleep Medicine, Pulmonology, Infectious Disease, OB/GYN )
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
- ED Facility E/M
- Chemotherapy/Infusion Therapy
- Physicians at Teaching Hospitals (PATH)
- Shared/Split Billing
- Incident-To Billing
Delena has received Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P), Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) and Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certifications from the American Academy of Professional Coders and the American Health Information Management Association. Delena lives in Jacksonville, Florida with her husband and their three sons, two dogs and three cats. In her free time, she enjoys going to the beach, reading and spending time in nature.
- University of Florida, B.A. - 1995
- American Academy of Professional Coders
- American Health Information Management Association
- Certified Professional Coder
- Certified Outpatient Coder
- Certified Coding Specialist
- Certified Coding Specialist – Physician