Ritu Kaur Cooper
Phone: (202) 370-9584 | Fax: (202) 370-9589
Ritu Kaur Cooper represents health care providers such as hospitals and health systems in regulatory and compliance matters with a particular focus on fraud and abuse and compliance as well as internal and government investigations. Ritu also serves as General Counsel for Capital Clinical Integrated Network, a care coordination entity providing the D.C. Medicaid population with care coordination services.
Prior to joining Hall Render, Ritu represented hospitals, health systems and laboratories in government investigations. She also provided regulatory and compliance advice to hospitals, laboratories and medical device companies with respect to the Medicare fraud and abuse laws.
- The George Washington University, B.A., with honors – 2000
- Syracuse University, J.D., cum laude – 2003
- Saint Louis University, LL.M. in Health Law – 2005
- American Health Law Association – Vice-Chair of Research and Website for the Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group
- National Bar Association
- Washington Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Washington, D.C.
- Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Saint Louis University School of Law Center for Health Law Studies Practitioner-in-Residence – 2012
- Mary’s Center for Maternal and Child Care, Inc. – General Counsel
- Capital Clinical Integrated Network – General Counsel
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Somerset County, Criminal Division – Law Clerk to Hon. Paul W. Armstrong, 2003-2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit – Summer Law Clerk to Hon. Morton I. Greenberg, 2001