In response to increasing regulatory and security risks, some health care providers are seeking out opportunities to reduce costs, improve care coordination and reduce the burden of operating IT environments. For hospitals and health systems, this presents an opportunity to fill a community need by leveraging their scale and sophistication to meet the needs of the local health care community. In this presentation, Hall Render attorneys Jeff Short and Mike Batt will share insights on how the current regulatory environment facilitates alignment among health care providers through shared IT infrastructure. Hall Render Advisory Services advisors Dan Cumberland and John Norling will provide operational considerations and guidance for health systems as they consider the adoption of a strategy for the delivery of IT services within the local community on Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET.
Our panelists will address the following topics during this webinar:
- Existing models for IT service delivery
- Fraud and abuse considerations in the provision of IT services
- Data, privacy and security management in shared medical record and shared infrastructure
- Operational considerations for an IT department when delivering service externally
- Managing IT service delivery within the constraints of a compliance program
Those that should consider attending this webinar include Chief Technology Officers, C-Suite, IT Leadership and in-house attorneys, as well as anyone who wants to have a better understanding of the IT operations that are unique to hospitals and health care entities.
Slides are available here.