Benjamin C. Fee
Phone: (720) 282-2030 | Fax: (303) 801-3537
Ben Fee advises health systems, hospitals, pharmacies, long-term care providers and medical practices on a variety of regulatory, compliance and corporate transactional matters. He regularly counsels clients on fraud and abuse issues, including compliance with the federal Stark Law and federal and state anti-kickback statutes; government reimbursement and payment matters; corporate structure and reorganization; 340B drug discount program issues; state pharmacy laws, licensure and accreditation matters; and corporate compliance issues.
Ben's transactional experience includes advising on strategic coordination and optimization of third party reimbursement opportunities; analyzing, drafting, structuring and negotiating health care contractual arrangements; and counseling clients regarding mergers and acquisitions.
Additionally, Ben advises clients regarding voluntary self-disclosures made to the Office of Inspector General and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. He further counsels organizations regarding the functions of their corporate compliance programs, including coordinating internal investigations, recommending corrective action, reviewing program effectiveness and providing compliance education and training to provider staff and Board members.
- Iowa State University, B.S. - 2004; University of Iowa, M.H.A. - 2009
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D. - 2009
- American Health Law Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Iowa Bar Association
- Iowa Hospital Association
- Iowa Hospital Association’s Iowa Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute, Governance Chair-Elect, Board Member - 2017-2019
- Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute - 2015-2016