Health Care System Structure Consulting
Our team of health care consultants has the inside track on the many changes and opportunities impacting hospital and health system operational strategies today.
Our experience allows us to be a front-line partner to build plans and execute tactics for:
- Hospitals-within-hospitals and satellite units
- Multi-campus hospitals and remote locations
- Micro hospitals
- Freestanding emergency departments
- Grandfathered and new provider-based sites
Our team evaluates hospital system structures to identify current and future opportunities that will have the best impact on patient care, improve efficiency and optimize financial results. Our comprehensive approach to planning includes a review of everything from the payment and cost savings, to reimbursement and reclassification, in addition to regulations specific to your hospital structure.
We help your in-house team by:
- Conducting analysis of payment impacts of various hospital structures, including mergers, spin-offs and establishing multi-campus hospitals
- Advising on provider-based matters, including: impact of site neutral restrictions, optimal operational structures, attestation filings or review, impact of remote location, micro hospital and dedicated emergency department status
- Assessing and advising on obtaining and maintaining 340B status and maximizing opportunities for cost savings and preparing and filing applications for special hospital status
- Assessing eligibility for special hospital status – for example, Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Sole Community Hospital (SCH), Medicare-Dependent Small Rural Hospital (MDH) and Rural Referral Center (RRC) status
- Assessing opportunities for obtaining Rural Health Clinic (RHC) and Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) status, including: Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) and Medically Underserved Area (MUA) analysis, assisting in obtaining HPSA/MUA status and evaluating the impact of freestanding vs. provider-based RHC status FQHC relationships with hospital/systems
- Consulting on CARES Act funding relief and strategies
Need help determining the best structure for the future of your health care system?
Do you face challenges navigating the many different options? We can help.Let's get started