Katherine A. Kuchan, R.N., J.D.
Phone: (414) 721-0479 | Fax: (414) 721-0491
Katherine Kuchan provides counsel to clients in numerous states regarding regulatory and compliance matters, including advising clients on fraud and abuse matters coordinated through federal and state enforcement agencies, defending hospitals involved in governmental investigations, coordinating internal investigations, advising corporate compliance officers and assisting with repayments to government health care programs. She actively works with hospitals and other health care entities on special regulatory problems involving survey and licensure, EMTALA, risk management and caregiver misconduct. Ms. Kuchan also represents clients involved in medical staff matters including quality of care, peer review and licensing and credentialing. Ms. Kuchan’s experience as a Registered Nurse offers her clients the benefit and value of working with legal counsel who has practical, clinical knowledge and real life experience from working in the health care industry.
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, M.S.
- Marquette University, B.S.
- Marquette University Law School , J.D., magna cum laude
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Health Law Association
- Health Care Compliance Association
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- RN Licensure in Wisconsin