Human Resources Consulting
Managing day-to-day HR issues is no small task. Employment matters are oftentimes consuming and tricky to navigate.
Our team of advisors guides health care clients through sensitive employment issues including but not limited to discipline, discharge, wage and hour, handbook and policy development/review, workplace harassment, immigration consulting, employee benefits, discrimination matters, accommodation of employee disabilities and leaves of absence. Our advisors also regularly provide on-site training to all levels of management on best practices and strategies for confronting the various workplace challenges facing employers today.
- Workplace Investigations. Avoid the risk or appearance of bias with a comprehensive third-party examination of workplace issues that require a defensible, documented and reliable investigation.
- Handbook and Policy Reviews. Ensure your policies are up-to-date with regulatory requirements and business processes to mitigate employer risk. We are able to tailor policies to align with your organization’s industry and culture.
- Wage and Hour Review. Our team of advisors is able to conduct reviews to uncover and quantify potential wage and hour violations.
- I-9 Audits. We conduct internal I-9 audits in a manner consistent with the employer sanctions and anti-discrimination provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), including a review of all Form I-9s and supporting employee-provided documentation to identify and correct any errors that may exist. We also assist with process improvements as needed to ensure continued compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Education and Training. Our advisors offer educational opportunities and training on a variety of topics to a wide array of audiences. Examples of prior trainings include:
- I Need a Leave from Managing Leave: Training for managers on employee leave issues
- Social Media in the Workplace: Staying in line while online
- Workplace Harassment and Investigations: Walking the tightrope
- Navigating Pay Complexities: Wage and hour and overtime issues
- Dealing with Difficult Employees: Discipline and discharge best practices
- The Employment Relationship from Beginning to End: A full or half-day survey training course for all levels of management
- Immigration Best Practices